Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Meet the Photographer (Armand Sallabanda)



Full Name : Armand Sallabanda

Profession : Photographer 

Origin : Albanian 

Currently living : Tirana, Albania




- Tell us about a little bit about yourself 


They found me under a cauliflower, in the early November in Tirana. They were a pianist and an engineer, (God knows why they pulled me out of there because I was so good there). I grew up reading comics (paperino, topolino dhe Dylan Dog) and listening to Tchajkowsk and Mozart, often even without my desire. Who knows me says I`m an arrogant and prepotent. I don`t think they got it completely wrong. 


- What got you into photographing? 


Curiosity. I was very curious since when little. And voyeur. I used to have an old analog camera in the house (East Germany production). I mostly used that one on my trips. I took my first shoots with that one. I keep that camera even today as a precious thing. Later on, in a trip to NY I studied photography, the techniques and I experimented with my first digital camera, a Nikon D40X. That was a turning point, from my studies for history and diplomacy, I started looking forward photography. 



- What is your style as a photographer?
My style as a photographer is Neoclassicism. I try not to do fashion photography, it’s not enough for me.    


- What type of cameras do you shoot with?

I use Canon 5D MarkII


- Tell us about your job experiences through years, and about your current one.
I started photographing flowers, birds, nature, later I started doing my first portraits. They were mostly of my friends, until I started working for magazines. I currently keep working on several magazines



- Which Albanian and foreigner photographers do you admire the most?

From the Albanian photographers I like the work of Sotiri (Korce), but also the photos of Kel Marubi. But the one that keeps inspiring me with his work is Helmut Newton.


- Is there anybody or anything you would love to photograph?

Naturally the list would be too long… But if I could turn back my head, I would like to photograph cult characters of the art world, like the Paris` 20s artists or the figures of the sexual revolution of the 60s.  


- Which is your favorite photo you have shoot and why?

My favorite photo is the one I haven’t done yet. 


- Which is a perfect location for a photo-shoot?

Mind, I try to photograph the invisible part, there is less importance for the background…


- Any career goals?
I don`t have career goals, photography and passion go beyond that. The biggest wealth that derives from such passion is the man`s tendency to escape his biological fate.  



~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Love, Kiki

9 comments:

  1. He is amazing , lucky we have people like him in Albania

    Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky, that i have a photo shooting made by A.S.
    Kiki and Mandi, very interesting your interview.
    Kisses both

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting interview!!!

    http://glamourdrama.blogspot.it/2012/12/giveaway.html OPEN GIVEAWAY! 50€/$ SEPHORA OR ITUNES GIFT CARD

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. i didn't know him, now i will go and check some of his works too!

    i forgot to tell u that i had tagged you on the All i want for Christmas tag.. check the rules on my blog. :)

    The Chic and Cheap Blog
    The Chic and Cheap Blog Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. i didn't know him, now i will go and check some of his works too!

    i forgot to tell u that i had tagged you on the All i want for Christmas tag.. check the rules on my blog. :)

    The Chic and Cheap Blog
    The Chic and Cheap Blog Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So obvious and predictable his answer. sallabanda you can do better.

      Delete

Thanks so much for the adorable comments that make my day!
Thanks for being part of my life! ♥ you all