Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jufka



This is the name we call it in Albania and I couldn't find the name in English, so I let it like that! This is a great recipe which mum used to always cook it for us and it was great when i tried myself and the taste reminded me so many beautiful things, not just great taste of jufka but also great memories behind it!  But(it looks like there always a BUT :P) it's a bit difficult for me to explain it to you! The ratio of this sweet is 1 to1; I mean: 1 egg, 1 coffee cup milk powder, 1 coffee cup corn starch. But it never stays like that, you always need more milk powder and corn starch. But still don't be afraid to try it on. The measure needs to be not to strong but not sticky. The perfect way to get this is to dye your hands with corn oil and with a coffee or tea spoon(by preference, if you want them smaller or larger) take some of the measure and if you can make balls by rolling the dough in hand than the measure is perfect. If  it gets sticky in the hands add 1 dish spoon milk powder and 1 spoon corn starch(the ration stays 1 to 1) and see the result(you can do that again until the dough will have the asked result)  Sorry for the pics, I lost some of them and I replaced the lost ones with new made some days later. Hope you will not mind and understood the explanation! 

Jufkat jane nje recete e mrekullueshme e mamase sime qe na gatuante dhe ishe shume interesante teksa e gatuaja vete dhe shija me kujtoi shume gjera te bukura, jo vetem shijen e mrekullueshme te jufkave, por gjithashtu momentet pas saj! Por (duket sikur eshte gjithmone nje POR :P) eshte pak e veshtire per mua t’jua shpjegoj. Raporti i kesaj recete eshte 1 me 1: 1 veze, 1 filxhan kafeje pluhur qumeshti dhe 1 filxhan kafeje nisheste. Por nuk qendor asnjhere ashtu, gjithmone duhet me teper pluhur qumeshti ose nisheste. Por gjithsesi mos u trembni per ta provuar. Masa nuk duhet te jete shume e forte por as e ngjitshme ne duar. Menyra e duhur per ta kuptuar kete eshte te lyeni duart me vaj misri dhe me nje luge kafeje ose caji (sipas preferences, nese doni topa me te vegjel ose me te medhenj) merr pak nga masa dhe nese mund te krijosh topa duke e rrotulluar brumin ne duar atehere masa eshte perfekte. Nese masa te ngjitet neper duar shto nje luge gjelle pluhur qumeshti dhe 1 luge gjelle nisheste (raporti 1 me 1) dhe shih rezultatin (mund ta besh kete serish deri sa brumi te kete rezultatin e kerkuar) 
Me falni per fotot, me humben disa prej tyre dhe une I zevendesova te humburat me te reja te bera nje dite me vone. Shpresoj te mos e keni problem dhe ta kuptoni shpjegimin! 

    Ingredients for jufka:
    • 1 egg
    • 1 coffee cup milk powder (+ more if you need)
    • 1 coffee cup corn starch (+ more if you need)
    • 1/2 coffee spoon baking soda
    • 1 kilo sugar
    • 1 liter water
    • 2-3 cloves (optional)
    Perberesit:
    • 1 veze
    • 1 filxhan kafeje pluhur qumeshti (+ me teper nese ju duhet)
    • 1 filxhan kafeje nisheste (+ me teper nese ju duhet)
    • 1/2 luge kafeje sode  buke 
    • 1 kg sheqer
    • 1 liter uje
    • 2-3 karafil (optionale)
     Add water, sugar and cloves in a large pot and boil them until they become water syrup. Boil in slow flakes. After finishing set aside
    Shto ujin, sheqerin dhe karafilat ne nje tenxhere te madhe dhe zieji deri sa te behet sherbet. Ziej ne flake te moderuar. Mbas perfundimit lere menjane 
     Put the egg in a normal bowl and beat it
    Vendos vezen ne nje tas normal dhe rrihe
     Put the baking soda at corn starch and stir them. Put one dish spoon milk powder and than one dish spoon corn starch at the beaten egg until the milk powder and corn starch finishes. 
    Vendos soden e bukes tek nishesteja dhe perzieji se bashku. Shto nje luge gjelle pluhur qumeshti dhe nje luge nisheste tek veza e rrahur derisa pluhuri i qumeshtit dhe nishesteja te mbarojne.
    Dye your hands and the pie-pan with corn oil. Use a coffee spoon or a tea spoon for the dough and make balls by rolling the dough in hand(I'm using a coffee spoon)
    Lyej duart dhe tepsine me vaj misri. Perdor nje luge kafeje ose caji per brumin dhe krijo topa duke e rrotulluar brumin ne duar (une po perdor luge kafeje)
     These are the new pics. I used here tea spoon. Put the balls in space between each-other
    Baking Temperature : 200 grade C,  Timing : around 10 minutes, until Jufka take golden color 

    Keto jane fotot e reja. Ketu perdora luge caji. Vendosi topat me hapesire ndermjet njera-tjetres
    Temperatura pjekjes : 200 grade C,  Kohe-zgjatja : afersisht 10 minutes, derisa jufkat te marrin ngjyre te arte
     Put Jufka at the hot sugar syrup(not boiling) and let them there for at least 10 minutes, that is necessary. Don't remove the other ones you are not going to eat from water syrup
    Vendosi jufkat ne sherbetin e pergatitur (jo duke zier) dhe leri brenda per te pakten 10 minuta, kjo eshte e rendesishme. Mos e leviz pjesen tjeter te cilen ti nuk do ta sherbesh/hash nga sherbeti
    Bon Appetit 


    ♥ Kiki ♥

    1 comment:

    1. This is the name we call it in Albania and I couldn't find the name in English, so I let it like that! This is a great recipe which mum used to always cook it for us and it was great when i tried myself and the taste reminded me so many beautiful things, not just great taste of jufka but also great memories behind it
      cheap flat sheets ,
      striped bed sheets ,

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks so much for the adorable comments that make my day!
    Thanks for being part of my life! ♥ you all